Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jude jude is offline

Default SUMIF has slowed down the workbook

I have created a worksheet which uses a large number of SUMIFs to create a
table (36 columns by 75 rows therefore 2700 SUMIFs) which picks the results
from a flat file over 16000 rows by 4 columns. The data is in columnD and the
variables in columnsA-C. The variables correlate to the table row and column
headings I have created and one other cell with a value chosen from a
drop-down. The workbook has slowed down considerably and takes a while to
recalculate each time I amend something else in the workbook.

I do not want to take off the automatic calculation and pivot tables are not
an ideal solution.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to speed things up?