bj

try setting up three columns
one with the initials
one with the full description
and one with an if statement to select back and forth between the initials
and the description
in your list select the equation section.
Next to your lookup put in a selection button to toggle back and forth on
your if statements.

"Gabe" wrote:

I would like to use a data validation €“ List and enter only the first
character from that list.
For example my list is below and named €œTypes€

C - Construction
D €“ Demolition
E €“ Equipment Installation
R €“ Repair

The cell to be filled only needs the first letter not the whole content of
the list.
I try to use LEFT function in the Validation Source and I can not make it
work with
The name source €œ=Left(=Types,1)€
Can someone help or suggest a different way use the data validation, like
use two columns display the description in one and enter data from the other.

Thanks.