Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default concatif

JE McGimpsey created a UDF called MultiCat:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

You could start with his procedure and add your own criteria:

Option Explicit
Public Function concatif(ByRef rRng As Excel.Range, _
Optional ByVal sDelim As String = "") As String

Dim rCell As Range

For Each rCell In rRng.Cells
'add some criteria???
If rCell.Value = "" Then
'skip it
Else
concatif = concatif & sDelim & rCell.Text
End If
Next rCell

concatif = Mid(concatif, Len(sDelim) + 1)

End Function

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Betty wrote:

How do I create this formula in VBA and use this on multiple cells? I've
never worked with this before

--

Dave Peterson