Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
angliron angliron is offline

Default A hyperlink to a JPG file opens the image in IE, not the defau

I've tried the solutions above, but my Excel hyperlinks to .jpg photos still
open and show up in IE8. (I didn't have this problem until I installed IE8.)
My .jpg extension is associated with Windows Picture and FAX Viewer, though
you would never guess it by the registry keys. I made the registry change
recommended above, but clicking on a hyperlink still opens IE8.

Could it be the versions of the programs I use?: Windows XP Pro, Office XP
Small Business (Offfice 10). When I associate files, I don't even have an
"Advanced" selection.

Photos in .bmp format also open in IE8 when hyperlinks are clicked. Photos
in .tif format open in MS Office Document Imaging.

angliron

"SteveMann" wrote:

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You should not need to mess with the Registry:
1. open some folder
2. Tools Folder Options File Types JPG Advanced and clear the
browse in same window checkbox
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

I couldn't imagine how this could cause a hyperlink to open in IE instead of
the default program, but it was an easy try. Didn't work. By the way, in
Vista, that option from the same app is in another place.