Katydid

Default Hyperlink in Excel opens the right program, but can't read file.

I use many hyperlinks to direct users to the correct files. Even if I use a
hyperlink to another program, the program opens and the files are viewed in
the correct program. I am having a unique problem to a program called
"editNC" (file extensions .ncc). The program opens when you click on the
hyperlink that is in my Excel workbook, but I get the error message "Unable
to Read File" after the editNC program window opens. Also, up on the top bar
of the editNC program it is saying that the file is "read only". If I open
the file directly from editNC, I have write access. I have write access to
all folders in the tree of the hyperlinks. Any ideas on how to get it to
work?