Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Roger is offline

Default loss of speed with excell 2007

Current performance of Excel 2007 under WinXP 2GB Ram 1.8Ghz cpu
vs Excel 2003 under Vista 2GB ram 1.8 Ghz cpu
In both cases I had the file on my desktop and no other programs were running
Open the file by dble click
Excel 07 22 sec
Excel 03 11 sec including click on warning to enable macros
Change the value of a single cell to 566
Worksheet FID IRS
Cell G12
Excel 03 <1 sec
Excel 07 Gave up after two minutes.
Attempted to close Excell which caused crash of program

"Dave F" wrote:

I must be the luckiest XL 2007 user in the world because I see these posts
constantly and have never experienced performance degradation on my workbooks.

In any event, here's an informative white paper about Excel 2007
performance: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730921.aspx

Dave

"halfpint" wrote:

My previous spreadsheet developed with excel 2000 is very fast compared to a
very slow 2007. the file is over 100 meg with a lot of formulas, pivot
tables. plotting is extremely slow with 07 and excessively slow when
opening/closing grouped rows or using filters. Although I've turned off
background error checks and even auto calculations it still appears there's a
lot of recalclations going on in the background with 2007. xcel 2000 doesn't
do this and is very fast. I don't know what to try next...helpppp--
halfpint