Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why Networkdays returns 1

The NETWORKDAYS function doesn't give you the difference in days between two
dates, it gives you the number of day in the range. If your start and end
dates are the same, then there is one day in the range (assuming that date
is not a weekend)... the date itself. If you need the difference in days,
then just subtract 1 from the value returned by the NETWORKDAYS function.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jay" wrote in message

I am using Networkdays to calculate the difference between two dates. But
if
the dates are the same, it returns 1, not 0. I have a workaround, but I am
curious why subtracting two serial numbers that are the same produces 1
not 0.

Thanks,

Jay