Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Falcon248 Falcon248 is offline

Default Linking separate spreadsheets

Will this bring in the entire worksheet from a separate workbook. I'm not
interested in specific data but the entire worksheet from another workbook.

"KC Rippstein" wrote:

You can use formulas in cells referencing the other workbooks. Just point to
their location in the formula, then when you open the workbook it will ask
you if you'd like to connect to the other workbooks to update data or skip
the update this time around.

The format for pointing to another workbook in your formula is
'C:\Path\Path\[Workbook Name.xls]Sheet1'!A1
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Falcon248" wrote:

Is there a way in Excel 2003 to link to multiple workbooks/worksheets so that
when you open a workbook with the links in it, a current copy of the linked
spreadsheets are loaded into the opening workbook's worksheets? I know we
can use copy/paste, but it would be nice if it could be automatic. Sort of
like MS Project does. I think there is a way in Excel 2007, but I don't see
a way in 2003..