Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jmj713 jmj713 is offline

Default Reference the higest value

Thank you! That works flawlessly.

To get the second highest, third highest, etc., how do I modify this
formula? Or do I need an entirely different one?

"Mike H" wrote:

Try this

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(MAX(B1:B10),B1:B10,0))

Mike

"jmj713" wrote:

I tried several different formulas I found here with no results. What I'm
looking for is a formula that will return me the name of the highest value.
Let's say in A we have a list of days, Monday through Friday, and in B we
have numbers. If Thursday has the highest number, what kind of formula would
only return "Thursday" back, not the value itself?