CarlosAntenna

Logically, look at it this way :
When you select the first number you have 9 possibilities
When you select the second number you have 8 possibilities left
and so on
Therefore...

=9*8*7*6 or 3024

Here is a link with the formula you need. The excel function is
FACTORIAL().

http://www.andrews.edu/~calkins/math...rod02.htm#PERM

-- Carlos

"pav55" wrote in message
I have theses numbers:- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and I need to work out

all
the combinations these numbers have in sets of 4. By this I mean for
example, 1234, 1236 etc....using each number once in a set..(so there are

no
duplicates)
i.e. Not 1124. Is there any worksheet function/formula I could make in
excel to work out and hence display all the possible four set combinations
there are?
But not the total of combinations i.e. just one number..because I already
know how to calculate the number of combinations there can be.

Or is there any alternatives other than writing them all out by hand?!

Thanks.