Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Default matching 2 worksheets to find differences

Due to the line wrap the example is diffucult to understand.

Here it is again:

Worksheet1
a b 1
a b 2
a b 3
c h 3
c h 5
c h 7
d f 1

Worksheet2
a b 1
a b 3
b n 1
c h 3
c h 7
d f 3

Result of comparison.

Worksheet3 - entries in WS1 missing from WS2
a b 2
c h 5
d f 1

Worksheet4 - entries in WS2 missing from WS1
b n 1
d f 3

Thank you.

"Vic" wrote:

Can someone please help me with this task?

I have 2 worksheets I need to match to find entries that don't apprear in
the other worksheet. Worksheet3 shows rows from Worksheet1 that don't appear
in Worksheet2. Worksheet4 shows rows from Worksheet2 that don't appear in
Worksheet1.

Example:
worksheet1 worksheet2 worksheet3
worksheet4
A B C <= cols = A B C <= cols = A B C <= cols = A B C
a b 1 a b 1 a b 2
b n 1
a b 2 a b 3 c h 5
d f 3