Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Sum of results of multiple criterias

Hi,

You may use this formula. C12 holds Crouch and D12 holds SSL. I have
assumed that the range below is C4:E10

=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(SEARCH(C12,C4:C10,1)))*ISNUM BER(SEARCH(D12,D4:D10,1)),E4:E10)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Alex" wrote in message
Say I have a report sent to me as below:-

A B C
Emile Heskey ASSL1NP 12
Wayne Rooney ABCV1NP 8
Peter Crouch ABCV1NP 3
Wayne Gerrard ASSL1NP 5
Martin Crouch ASSL1NP 10
Ryan Heskey ABCV1NP 7
Crouch Tiger ASSL2AM 4

Now I want to create a table which automatically find name that contain
Crouch AND also contain the letters "SSL" in his tag in column B, and then
sum the corresponding numbers in column C. I need to do this also for
other
names and tabulate them in a table. Help please.