Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default function to give me cell reference

So there's definitely no dynamic way to do it?

Try this UDF (user defined function)

Function GetFormula(cell_ref As Range) As String
GetFormula = ""
If cell_ref.HasFormula Then
GetFormula = cell_ref.Formula
End If
End Function

To install it:

Open the VBE - ATL F11
Open Project Explorer - CTRL R
Locate your file name. It'll look like this: VBAProject (your_file_name)
Right click on your file name.
Select InsertModule
Copy/paste the code above into the window that opens on the right.
Close the VBE and return to Excel - ALT Q

To use it on your worksheet - use it like any other function:

=GetFormula(A1)

If the referenced cell does not contain a formula GetFormula returns a
blank.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Josh Craig" wrote in message
Hi Ashish. Thanks for the answer. So there's definitely no dynamic way
do it?

Would you know if there's a way to get a column in a summary sheet to
display the names of all the other sheets?

e.g.

Col A (in Sheet4):
Sheet1
Sheet2
Sheet3

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

While on cell A1, go to Data Text to columns Delimited and select
Other.
in the other box, type = and click on next. in the destination cell box,
select B1. Click on Finish. please note that this is not a dynamic
solution I.e. if the formula changes in cell A1, then the result in cell
C1
will not change.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Josh Craig" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the formula in another cell in text?

For example, if cell A1 has the formula:

=Sheet2!B2

I want B1 to say in text: Sheet2!B2