Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Vlookup Problem

Hi,

If your range is only A1:C10, then how can the column index be 9? The
column index should be any number upto 3

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"busboy10" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am dealing with a vlookup issue that i just can't figure out. I
have a vlookup statement that works fine, something to the extent of
vlookup(1.001, A1:C10, 9) for example. However, when i change 1.001
to a cell reference say C30 where C30 = 1.001, it doesn't work!!!!

i can't for the life of me figure out why not. the help says
referencing a cell for the lookup value should work fine.

Any thoughts?!?