Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default function to give me cell reference

Hi,

While on cell A1, go to Data Text to columns Delimited and select Other.
in the other box, type = and click on next. in the destination cell box,
select B1. Click on Finish. please note that this is not a dynamic
solution I.e. if the formula changes in cell A1, then the result in cell C1
will not change.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Josh Craig" wrote in message
Is there a function that returns the formula in another cell in text?

For example, if cell A1 has the formula:

=Sheet2!B2

I want B1 to say in text: Sheet2!B2