Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Can I use 4 conditonal foamts in a column?

Hi,

Try this

[Black][16]General;[Red][=14]General;

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"watermt" wrote in message
Luke,
I tried your recommendation, but when I tried to input the
[Black][16];[Red][=14];[Black] into the Foramet Cells - Number - Custom
area it gave me an error message. Something about not being able to do
this
and to try using one of the provided number formats?

Is there something that I'm missing here?

Mike

"Luke M" wrote:

Use conditional formatting for the green, yellow, and gray conditions.
To get the 4th, go to format cell, custom format, and input:
[Black][16];[Red][=14];[Black]

note that if you don't want a default color of black for anything else,
other possible color options a
[Black] [Blue] [Cyan]
[Green] [Magenta] [Red]
[White] [Yellow]

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"watermt" wrote:

The conditional formatting in Excel 2003 is limited to 3 conditions. I
need
four:

Bewteen:
13 - 16 = Red pattern
9 - 12 = Green pattern
5 - 8 = Yellow pattern
1 - 4 = Gray pattern

I thought I ran across a web page at one point where this was talked
about
and that it is possible. Does anyone have an idea as to how to do
this, or
where I can find a sample?

Mike