Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thomp Thomp is offline

Default Data validation list & vlookup

Hi, I think what I am trying to do is have the data valadation lists
be used to pull data from one spreadsheet over from another
spreadsheets table. Easy enough to use a vlookup for one criteria but
it gets tricky when I try to get data based on two criterias.

Example would be first worksheet has pull down list with cars in cell
A1, Ford,Chevy,Dodge,etc ..the second pull down list has the colors in
cell C1: red,blue,white,etc,

I want to pull data from a second spreadsheet that has the table with
the data table

Color Ford Chevy Dodge
White 1 2 1
Red 1 4 2
Blue 3 0 1

The problem is I need two criteria. I need the data based on the
criteria selected by the two drop down list..Example If I need to know
who many blue Fords I have then I select the pull down for Ford and
Blue and my answer is 3.

Please don't suggest a filter as I am creating a form and don't want
to filter info but rather do some kind of vlookup or something based
on these two criteria

thank,
Bill