Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
busboy10 busboy10 is offline

Default Vlookup Problem

On Apr 1, 12:49*pm, Domenic wrote:
Does C29 contain a formula? *If so, can you post the formula you're
using?

In article
,

*busboy10 wrote:
I should also note that in cell C30 is calculated like =C29 + .001
where C29 is 1. *It doesn't like this for some reason.

if i put in C29 just 1.001 then it works.

On Apr 1, 11:59*am, busboy10 wrote:
Hi All,

I am dealing with a vlookup issue that i just can't figure out. *I
have a vlookup statement that works fine, something to the extent of
vlookup(1.001, A1:C10, 9) for example. *However, when i change 1.001
to a cell reference say C30 where C30 = 1.001, it doesn't work!!!!

i can't for the life of me figure out why not. *the help says
referencing a cell for the lookup value should work fine.

Any thoughts?!?

I am wondering if it is a precision issue since these are decimals. I
have made sure that everything is listed as a number. C29 is just a
static value of 1.