Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Chart Conditional Formatting

It takes a wee bit of work, but you can simulate conditional formatting in a
chart:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Formatting" wrote in message
Can I do a conditional formatting on a chart?
Let assume I have a stream of 10 stock prices and plotted them on a chart
as
dots.
What I would like to see is that if the price for a given day is higher
than
the previous day, show the dot in blue.
If the price is the same as the previous day's price, show the dot in
black,
and red if the price is lower than previous day's price.
How do I go about formatting the chart to show a string of 10 dots in
combination of blue, black and red?