Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Weighted Regression

Wait, what do you mean? You can download those sample files from that link.
Match the results to your data (I can't see your data). Should take < 1/2
hour; probably much less because you sound like you know exactly what you are
talking about. You just need to see a sample in Excel, right. There are
tons on sample files on that site.

Good luck,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Engineer001" wrote:

Thanks. I'll look for the book at my local bookstore.

Just thought there might be a quick and easy method without using matrix
equations ... this is not EXCEL's forte -- especially with large matrices.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Found this on Google:
http://books.google.com/books?id=rDs...lt#PP A376,M1

So, it will take a bit of work, but you're in luck! See info. he
http://books.google.com/books?id=-7o...lt #PPA111,M1

All files are listed under 'Menu':
http://www3.wabash.edu/econometrics/...Book/index.htm

I learned a TON from this resource!! You will too!!

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Engineer001" wrote:

Is it possible to perform weighted least-squares regression in Excel? If so,
how?