Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Variable Range

Look in the help index for INDIRECT

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"James C." wrote in message
Does anyone know how to use variable's to set a range in Excel (Not in
code
but actually in cells).

For instance I have a cell that does the following Sum(C8:H8) - Clearly
this
sums the information in C8:H8. This represents a January - June data. I
have
a million of these "sums" throughout my document and I want to be able to
change it so instead of a looking at 6 months, I could look at 3, 9, or
12...etc

My goal is to have two fields where the user could put the first and
second
cell in.
Start
End

I would then put that in the formula (ie. Sum(Variable1: Variable2)), with
the variable representing the actual cell location

Can this be done?