John Mansfield

David,

To do so, you will need to create an overlay chart. An overlay chart is
simply one chart laid over another. First create the Excel generated line
and bar chart. The, make a copy of the chart. Delete or make tranparent
everything in the second chart with the exception of the columns. Finally,
overlay the second chart over the first.

What I'm describing above sounds like a lot of work. However, Jon Peltier
has an example with VBA code that automates much of the process. Jon Peltier
describes this technique here. You can download the example with code from
this link as well.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignCharts.html

Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"DavidNHFCU" wrote:

If I graph a simple straight trend line on a chart, how do I get it to run
behind the bars on my chart - rather than showing across the bars?