Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do i set up a formula in conditional formatting

=b1/2

is the formula I used.

The activecell was A1.

What did you use and what was the activecell when you tried it?

veena wrote:

can you please show me exactly how i am suppose to write the formula its not
working for me.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Oops. You said it had to be over half of column B.

Select A1 through A## (as far as you want).
With A1 the activecell
Format|Conditional formatting
Cell value is
Greater than (Not greater than or equal to!)
=b1/2

And give it a nice format.

You wanted to format the stuff in column A, right?

veena wrote:

Hi there, i need help in conditional formatting i need a formula that will
highlight if column A if it is over half of column B
A B
21 12
6 4
12 24

Please let me know what i should do. thanks
Veena

--

Dave Peterson

--