Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marge Marge is offline

Default precede or follow formula with text

It worked like a charm! Thank you.

"Elkar" wrote:

Try this:

="of " & A1 & " staff members, " & A2 & " have not attended a meeting."

Change A1 and A2 to whatever cells your Counts are stored in.

HTH
Elkar

"Marge" wrote:

I have two cells, one with a COUNTA formula that adds the total number of
employees and one cell with a COUNTBLANK forumula that adds the number of
employees who have not yet attended a mandatory meeting. I'd like to create
a third cell that reads "of [COUNTA result] staff members, [COUNTBLANK
result] have not attended a meeting" Any thoughts?