Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default How to format a line between two points?

Hi,

Try this, change the loop values to suit.

With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.SeriesCollection (1)
.Format.Line.Visible = msoCTrue
.Format.Line.ForeColor.RGB = vbBlue
For bPointNo = 5 To 10
With .Points(bPointNo).Format.Line
.ForeColor.RGB = vbRed
End With
Next
End With

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Mark Stephens" wrote in message

Used to be as easy as recording a macro and seeing how to do it, god knows
why microsoft chose to drop this useful feature... c'est la vie.

I have a line chart and wish to apply a different colour to a portion of
the line according to some vba parameters i have defined.

It would be ideal to be able to do ti without activation the chart, I
found some code posted by John Peltier in December:

With Worksheets("sheet
2?).ChartObjects("chart1?).Chart.SeriesCollection( 1)

but this doesn't seem to work giving the error:

Compile error:

Expected: list seperator or )

and highlighting the quote mark after sheet 2 to the bracket after chart1

I have tried messing about with it but can't get it to work.

Anyway, that one aside, I want to say:

For bPointNo = 2303 To 2666

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Cht_Comparison").Activat e
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(2303).Selec t
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Colour = Red

Next bPointNo

The last line is obviously not going to work so I have put it just to show
what I am trying to achieve.

This should be so straightforward, I am pretty disappointed in Microsoft,
why I wonder have they chosen to make excel so un user friendly to vba
users?

Thanks and regards, Mark