Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Francis Francis is offline

Default Formula for finding matching numbers

Hi

Do you want to count the duplicates across the columns or down the columns

assuming that you have col A, B and C for Jan, Feb and Mar
and you want to count the numbers of repeating phone numbers across in Jan,
Feb and Mar. try this =COUNTIF(A2:C2,"1")

if you want to count down the column for duplicates, create a list of unique
phone numbers in a column, say D2 and down, you may use the Advance Filter
for
this and try this in the last empty cell in the column A
=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$14,D2), where D2 hold the first unique number

Adjust the ranges to yours

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"wookie" wrote:

I have 3 months of phone numbers from phone bills and I need to know if
there is a way I can make a formula to show me the duplicate numbers from
month to month. I have input them in 3 columns and not sure what to do from
here. I've been reading on the forum and some of I'm reading is not making
sense. I know how to use the basics of excel but now getting this in depth
I'm not sure what to do.