Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Edit, Fill, Justify

Just to add on

Cell will allow 32,767 text characters; however only 1,024 chrs will be
displayed in a cell.. All allowed characters will be displayed in the formula
bar.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Hans Knudsen" wrote:

In cell A1 I have a long text ( 253 characters). Now I do not want the
text to extend into column I so I select A1:H1, choose Edit, Fill, Justify
when I get the message: Text will extend belov selected range. When clicking
OK the text will be split into A1, A2 and A3 and in each of the rows 1, 2
and 3 extend up to and including column H. However, and that's my problem,
all characters after number 253 seems to be cut off.

Any suggestions?

Hans Knudsen