John Mansfield

Berthica,

Tushar has a good point. Hopefully these macros will help too:

If you're working with embedded charts, this will give you the name of each
chart on the worksheet. You may need to add a different destination range.

Sub ListChartNames()
Dim Cht As ChartObject
Dim Rng As Range
Set Rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1")
For Each Cht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
Rng.Value = Cht.Chart.Parent.Name
Set Rng = Rng.Offset(1, 0)
Next Cht
End Sub

This macro will rename each embedded chart in a sequential fashion if
needed. If you have a lot of charts and need to create some kind of logic
for naming them all, maybe this will help.

Sub NameSequentialCharts()
Dim Cht As ChartObject
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
For Each Cht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
Cht.Chart.Parent.Name = "Chart" & i
i = i + 1
Next Cht
End Sub

I forgot to mention before, for the first set of macros to work you much
activate the embedded chart first.

----------------------------
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

While John and Debra have given you the technical solution, I don't know
how useful they will be. You have to have some way to identify each of
the charts *before* you rename them. Otherwise, how will you know what
name to assign to what chart?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
+ Technology skills
= Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article ,
says...
I have a lot of charts in a woorkbook and need to refer to them in my VBA. I
cannot know the names (numbers) of all the charts. mHow can I change a
chart's name so it is easy to find them ?