Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pete_UK[_3_] Pete_UK[_3_] is offline

Default Formula for finding matching numbers

Debra Dalgleish shows how you can compile a unique list of phone numbers
using Advanced Filter he

'Excel Filters -- Advanced Filter'
(http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html)

It is better to put your unique list in column A of a separate sheet,
then in column B (B2) you can have a formula like this:

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A2)

assuming your phone numbers are in column A of the first sheet. Just
copy this down to get a count for each of the phone numbers dialled.

Hope this helps.

Pete

wookie;289279 Wrote:
I have 3 months of phone numbers from phone bills and I need to know
if
there is a way I can make a formula to show me the duplicate numbers
from
month to month. I have input them in 3 columns and not sure what to do
from
here. I've been reading on the forum and some of I'm reading is not
making
sense. I know how to use the basics of excel but now getting this in
depth
I'm not sure what to do.

--
Pete_UK