JE McGimpsey

If your users can view the sheet, they'll be able to print. You can
disable the Workbook_BeforePrint command:

Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module of your workbook:

Cancel = True
End Sub

However, starting up with macros disabled will defeat this. So will
copying and pasting the sheet. And macro security is easily bypassed in
any case.

If you and your users are on a 2003 Server network, I believe you can
use IRM to prevent others from printing. I don't think it prevents the
user from taking a screenshot and printing that.

In article ,
"scott" wrote:

how can I protect an excel sheet from being printed. I want others to view
but not to print.