Bo

That has some great information that could work, however, if possible I want
to go one or two steps further. The example showed fruit in two categories.
My categories are combined. Using the example on the site, let me restate
the question. Let's say I have a list of the food groups (i.e. meats, dairy,
fruits/veggies, etc.) and specific foods for each one listed in one large
column. For each item of food, a second column states what food group it is
in. This is done in my data tab. Now I go to my main tab and have a
validated cell to select what food group I want to look at. I want a second
validated cell to only show the foods in the food group. Now let's say all
the foods in the data cell are alphabetical, so it is not possible to select
only the fruits and name the column Fruits. How would I validate the second
cell to show only the food items from the selected group? And if possible,
one step further would be to note that maybe a food item could be classified
as two different groups. Just for this example, let's say yogurt is both
dairy and fruit (having milk products and fruit). Recognizing this, I change
the food group column to hold the first letter of the food group name and if
multiple ones, it holds the first letter for each group it fits in. (i.e.
milk would have D for Dairy, yogurt would have FM) Is this possible
(assuming each item can only fit in one or two food groups)? Thanks!

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Bo

check out

Cheers
JulieD
....well i'm working on it anyway
"Bo" wrote in message
I am currently working on a project that I can't figure out the last few
details. This is similar to what I have:
Program: (followed by validated list of programs as a dropdown)
Features: (followed by validated list of features as a dropdown)

Table in another tab:
Program Feature
Word Table of Contents
Excel Pivot Table
Both Save
Both Print

I would like to limit the Features validation to only display features
that
are in the program the user chose (i.e., If they chose Word as the
program,
it should only show Table of Contents, Save, and Print in the dropdown).
Any
ideas on this?