Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_4_] Sheeloo[_4_] is offline

Default Rounding Problem

You should enter the rounded figure in the paid cell... enter what you
actually paid if you want to sum the actual payments...

Or
If you want to sum the rounded figures then use the formula

=Round(e15,2)+Round(e16,2)

You have to somehow tell Excel that you want to sum the rounded payment and
not
8.625
"Ross" wrote:

Good Afternoon, Everyone

I have a rounding problem.

My s.s. figures quarter payments with monthly pre-pays.

Excel is rounding the 2 monthly pre-pays from, for example, 8.625 to 8.63
ea., which is fine by me. That's the way we would obviously go when we make
a payment, so I want it to show that. The problem arises when the 2 monthly
pre-pays are added together to get the pre-pay figure to use in the quarterly
calculation on the sheet. Excel gives the accurate calculation of 17.25, but
I need it to show the 17.26 which we paid. Other than writing some kind of
code, is there anyway to get around this, so that I'm not continually taking
formulas out and doing hard inputs?

The pre-pay portion of my ss has these Totals formulas on row 17:

Col. E Col. F Col. G

=e15+e16 =f15+f16 =e17+f17

Thanks for your help,
--