Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default How do I get the status bar to show in Excel 2007?

Well, now that's a real problem.

The show/hide option for the Status bar no longer exists in 2007. The
information I have says that for 2007 it is "always visible by default". Now
what gets me about that statement is that when I see something that says "by
default" I automatically assume that there is some setting besides default.
But I can't find any reference to hiding it ... yet. I'm still looking
around for an answer of a different color.

"LynetteB" wrote:

Since this is Excel 2007 (educational version) I went to the Start/Excel
Options button, but I still couldn't find any reference to the status
bar--the bar found at the bottom of the screen just above the start button
and the open files buttons.
--
Lynette

"JLatham" wrote:

Are you speaking of the status bar in Excel or the Taskbar in Windows?

You can display/hide the status bar in Excel through the Tools | Options
[View] tab.

"LynetteB" wrote:

My status bar is blank, but when I right-click on it, I see a checklist of
items that it will supposedly show or hide.
--
Lynette