gls858

GrumpyLP wrote:
I have a lists of items in rows 1 through 22. Each item is listed
individually and has a 1 in the quantity. When I total the column
using the sum function I get the correct total of 22. However, if I
want to subtract the item in row 10 by entering a -1 the sum, which
should be 21, shows as 20. I tried different formats and nothing
changed. When I entered -.5 into row 10, the sum did show as 21. I
entered -.75 and the sum returned was again, 20. It appears the
negative number is being doubled. What am I missing?

If you put a zero in for the value you have reduced the total
by 1 (1-1=0)if you put in a -1 you have reduced your total by 2
1-(-1)=2

gls858