Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Legare Legare is offline

Default opening files from desktop

What exactly happens when you try to open an Excel file? Do you get a
message like "file not found?" One thing that usually fixes problems like
this is the following:

Select Run from the Start menu.
In the Run dialog box enter the following (you may have to modify the path
to the directory where Excel was installed)

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /Regserver

Click OK
Excel should start. When it does, just shut it down and try to open a file
again.

"Nobrainbob" wrote:

When I try to open an Excel file, Excel opens but the file does not. I have
to open the file using the Office buton in the uper left hand corner. The
files I am using have macros in them, but they all work. Granted all the
files were created in Office 2003, and I am now using Office 2007, I havnt
had any compatibility errors or such. Any help will help my headache.