Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Can I use 4 conditonal foamts in a column?

Hi,

Right click your sheet tab, voew code and paste this in. Change target to
column (currently 1) for column A to your column

If Target.Column < 1 Or Target.Cells.Count 1 _
Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
Select Case Target.Value
Case 1 To 4
icolor = 15
Case 5 To 8
icolor = 6
Case 9 To 12
icolor = 4
Case 13 To 16
icolor = 3
Case Else
icolor = xlNone
End Select
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = icolor

End Sub

Mike

"watermt" wrote:

The conditional formatting in Excel 2003 is limited to 3 conditions. I need
four:

Bewteen:
13 - 16 = Red pattern
9 - 12 = Green pattern
5 - 8 = Yellow pattern
1 - 4 = Gray pattern

I thought I ran across a web page at one point where this was talked about
and that it is possible. Does anyone have an idea as to how to do this, or
where I can find a sample?

Mike