Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bassman62 Bassman62 is offline

Default Can a row containing protected & unprotected cells be copied?

You're welcome. Glad it helped.

"Jannine" wrote in message
Bassman - thanks bunches for the suggestion to use a macro, it seems to
have
corrected the problem.

I appreciate your help!

Thansk again,
Jannine

"Bassman62" wrote:

Sorry. Here is the complete macro.

Private Sub InsertCopiedRow()
'
' Display confirmation message box Yes/No
' UnProtect the ActiveWorksheet,
' At the active row, insert a row
' Copy from the row above
' Protect the Worksheet.
'
If MsgBox("Do you want to insert a row", vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2)
_
= vbYes Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert Shift:=xlDown,
CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
ActiveCell.EntireRow.FillDown
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

Else
Exit Sub

"Jannine" wrote in message
Luke - thanks for the input. I have the "insert rows" boxed checked
however
I am unable to copy the entire row (above or below) into the new
line...

Any thoughts?

"Luke M" wrote:

When you go to protect the sheet, place a check in the box to "insert
rows".

By default, the new row assumes formatting now of row above, although
you
can choose to use formatting from row below via the insert helper box
(little
box that appears often when you paste, not sure of exact name)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jannine" wrote:

I have a large workbook that contains a ton of data, multiple
formulas
as
well as Vlookups which is distrbuted to a number of users.
Currently
the
workbook contains three tabs, two of which are data tabs supporting
the look
up functions. One tab is considered the "data entry" page.

Some of the users are more Excel savvy than others therefore in an
effort to
prevent users from accidentally deleting formulas we decided to
lock
cells
containing formulas and those populated by the result of a Vlookup.
On
the
data entry tab my users need to be able to copy & insert a row
potentially in
the middle of a worksheet, with the ability to only change certain
cells in
the new row. is this feasible? I can copy and paste individual
cells
that are
not locked however cannot copy a complete line.