Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Tweak formula to not count blanks as 0

Actually, your INDIRECT function is incorrect, and is generating the #VALUE!
error, which is then converted to 0 by you N function. You do not have your
indirect function returning the proper formatting of an array callout.

Also, the N function does not return an array of numbers, thus defeating the
purpose of your equation. The better question is why you are attempting to
use the N function?

If you could provide more detail about the data you're working with, and
what you are trying to accomplish (MIN number, or count??) we can probably
help you.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"andy62" wrote:

I need to modify this array-entered formula to not count blanks as zero. The
challenge seems to be that the cobination of INDIRECT() and N() is converting
blanks to zero.

{=MIN(N(INDIRECT("Rater" & ROW(1:4) & "!G"&$B$3)))}

In plain english, the function looks at the same cell (e.g., G7, when cell
B3 is set to 7) across 4 worksheets (Rater1 thru Rater4).

I don't need to first function to be MIN, it could be a COUNT. I just need
it to stop treating blanks as 0.

TIA