Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Excel EndUp button bug?

Hi,

It is unclear what you are asking. I assume you mean by the EndUp button,
the End key followed by the Up arrow key? In general Excel users use the
Ctrl+Down Arrow and similar combinations to move through solid block of data
or through empty cells to data, instead of End+Down Arrow.

If Scroll Lock is on you might experience something like what you describe.
In that case toggle it off.

To the best of my knowledge there are no cursor movement key bugs in any
version of Excel and certainly not something as common as Ctrl+Down Arrow.

You might also have activate Extend mode although its unclear from you
description. I don't understand the statement "extent of my range manually"?
what do you mean by getting the extent of a range? And how is using the
PgUp and PgDn keys manual and End+Down or Ctrl+Down not manual, are you using
VBA? Is this a macro? (you subject line suggests that it might be since the
is no EndUp button but there is and End(XLUp) vba command.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"gtslabs" wrote:

I am not sure where to ask this Q but some times when I try to go the
the end of a column of data using the END and UP or Down buttons the
selected window goes in a different direction.Then I have to hold the
shift down and use page up or down to get the extent of my range
manualy. Is this a bug? I have the same problem with 2003 and 2007