Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default price list changes using conditional functions?

Try this...

A1 = some price

=ROUND(A1/LOOKUP(A1,{0;2;3.01},{0.68;0.7;0.77}),2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frustratedpricer" wrote in
message ...
I'm working on changing my retail price lists. I want to take my cost plus
tax and shipping and create conditional profit margins. For example, if my
cost is less than 2.00, I want to divide the cost by .68. If the cost is
between 2.00 and 3.00, I want to divide the cost by .7, and if the cost is
greater than 3.00, I want do divide by .77. It's important that the format
stays the same, so I can still easily print out my price tags. So, I want
Excel to look at my cost, evaluate what margin it should be at, and enter
the
correct retail price in the next cell. Can anyone help I'm using Excel
2003.
Thanks!