Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grizzly6969 grizzly6969 is offline

Default using countif on sheet 2

I thought that would be the correct formula but it will not work. Does it
make a differance if all the names are selected from a drop down menu
--
grizz

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

On sheet2, use a formula like this perhaps:

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!H1:H100,"John Doe")

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"grizzly6969" wrote:

I have several drop down menus on sheet 1 with employee names in column H
is there a formula I can use in sheet 2 that will only count individuals
-- for example =countif(H1:H100,"=John Doe") but draw the information from
sheet 1
--
grizz