Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jannine Jannine is offline

Default Can a row containing protected & unprotected cells be copied?

I have a large workbook that contains a ton of data, multiple formulas as
well as Vlookups which is distrbuted to a number of users. Currently the
workbook contains three tabs, two of which are data tabs supporting the look
up functions. One tab is considered the "data entry" page.

Some of the users are more Excel savvy than others therefore in an effort to
prevent users from accidentally deleting formulas we decided to lock cells
containing formulas and those populated by the result of a Vlookup. On the
data entry tab my users need to be able to copy & insert a row potentially in
the middle of a worksheet, with the ability to only change certain cells in
the new row. is this feasible? I can copy and paste individual cells that are
not locked however cannot copy a complete line.