Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roddy Roddy is offline

Default Drop Down List and Validation for 3 different amounts

Debra,
I'm so sorry for still being stuck here. I went to the link and followed the
examples, but I'm still kind of confused as to how to apply this to my
specific task. If it's not too much to ask, I would like to restate what i
need to do with a short example of how the data must flow. In the example
below I only mention 3 procedures/items but there will be more than 30, and
need room to add more in the future, if possible. Here goes:

Let's say the 1st column needs a drop-down list with 3 Procedures: Back
Adjustment, Massage, Nutrition Book
The 2nd column needs a drop-down list for the Pricing Types: Regular,
Medicare, Cash
The 3rd column will then automatically fill in the correct pricing according
to the "Procedure and Pricing Type"
(This is because the price is different depending on which of the 3 is
chosen: Regular, Medicare, Cash).

For example purposes, let's say these are the prices:
Regular Medicare Cash
Back Adjustment $80 $40 $60
Massage $60 $20 $40
Nutrition Book $30 $15 $20

The 4th column will be Quantity, and the 5th Total Price (These are just
basic calculations: Price x QTY=TOTAL) This ofcourse is not the hard part for
me, LOL.
--
In God''s Harmony

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

There are instructions for dependent data validation he

Roddy wrote:
Take a look where? I don't see a link or reference in your response.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures