Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nitrofueled nitrofueled is offline

Default Cell will not update

Cell "D3" has a drop down list of names that are linked to specific number
values on another sheet. These number values are named "four, five, six, and
eight" individually. I have written the following function in cell "D5."
{=IF(D3=four,"4",IF(D3=five,"5",IF(D3=six,"6",IF(D 3=eight,"8","N/A"))))}
The function works initially, but if I change the name in cell "D3" cell
"D5" does not update and just keeps my value if incorrect condition (N/A).
How can I get the function to update if the name in "D5" changes? Thanks for
any help...