Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default XIRR over several years

"Don Kline" wrote:
I have a series of monthly transactions over several years.
I have used the XIRR function to find the ROR for each month,
each quarter, and each calendar year.

That's a neat trick, since XIRR only returns the annualized rate. I hope that is what you mean. But I wonder if you are misinterpreting the results from XIRR.

The client now wants a rate from inception. My expectation
was I would get an annual rate for the entire period. However
I feel that a -400% ROR is not accurate.

Is there anything different I need to do when the period is
greater than one year?

Yes. But I cannot tell you what that is because I'm not a mindreader. If you post an example, you might get some help.