Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tarheelfan tarheelfan is offline

Default Extracting data from a product matrix

Hello everyone,
I have a product matrix with the product names in cells A4:A37. The list of
equipment that the product requires is my column headers at B3:AE3. In a
seperate sheet, I want to be able to use a drop down list and select a
desired product. Once the product is selected, the next cell will reference
this cell and display all the equipment needed in the column headers. (I can
get it to display 1 column header but not all). Can anyone help or do I need
to elaborate more?
example
Room 1 Room 2 Room 3 Room 4
product a X X
product b X X X
product c X
product d X X X X

I want the second sheet to display Room 1 Room 3 when I choose Product a
from the drop down list.