Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Mike is offline

Default SUMIF based on several criteria.

OK here is what I want to do. I have three different values that I want to
sum. I have several criteria that I have to consider when I sum them.

A B C D Sum Total
100 100 110
75 0 85
75 65 0 Go
65 75 0 No/Go

OK so here is a sample set of values. I want to sum the values from left to
right. For the majority of my totals I will only need to do a straight
sum(A,B,C) no big deal. However from time to time as in the first example
where run into a qualification.
Problem 1. If any of the three values are under 90 and any of the other
values are over 100 I need to round the value over 100 down to 100.

Problem 2. If any of the the values are a 0 then I need to be able in the
same cell average the other 2 number and then add the three values together.

I have tried to use nested If statments, looked at SUMIFS and SUMIF but the
SUMIFs only will do it if I have a range not individual cells to sum.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mike