Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How many months between two date range

On the contrary, it came out right.

You started counting from a time tag of 6 divided by 30 then divided by
2009. That is a tiny fraction of a day from Excel's time origin of 1 Jan
1900. From that date until 6 Jan 2006 is 1272 months (106 years).

If you are trying to count *FROM* 6 Jan 2006 *TO* 30 Sep 2009, then try
=DATEDIF(A13,DATE(2009,9,30),"m")
That gives 44 months. Perhaps you can explain how you get 42 months?
--
David Biddulph

"Talladega" wrote in message
I used the formula from the link and it didn't come out right. I have
excel
2003.

A13 = 1/6/2006
=DATEDIF(6/30/2009,A13,"m")

It came out to be 1272. It should be 42 months.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Use the undocumented DATEDIF function. Look at Chip's detailed
explanation
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/datedif.aspx
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Talladega" wrote in message

I need a formula that can count how many months between two date range.

11/1/08 6/30/09 = 8
6/5/07 8/25/09 = 27
4/3/08 7/7/09 = 15

Thanks,