Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Discussion Groups Websites Service Temporarily Unavailable

There are many third-party news readers but if you are not allowed to use OE
I am sure a third-party app would also be a no-no.

You are stuck with the discussion groups CDO Interface and its frequent
failures.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:25:51 -0700 (PDT), Foxcole
wrote:

On Mar 24, 10:03*am, "Jim Cone" wrote:
If you have Internet Explorer, you have Outlook Express.
OE is included with Internet Explorer.

I apologize, perhaps I wasn't very clear. Please note that I didn't
say we don't have it, but that we don't *use* it. Outlook Express is
included in the standard installation bundle, but it is a separate
Windows component that can be disabled by system administrators
through the control panel (on XP, through Add or Remove Programs).
This has been done on our office computers... and only users with
admin rights can go in and enable it.

While I personally have admin rights, overriding my employer's
decision to disable Outlook Express would of course abuse those
rights, so I was suggesting there is a need for alternatives to OE.