Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default adding cells that contain a formula

Glad you sorted it out.
Appreciate the feedback.

RD

"jbishard" wrote in message
I just figured it out. the formula in the cells to be summed presented the
result as $150.00
Within the formula i had: "$150.00"
I removed the quotes & the $ sign.
Now I'm able to sum the cells that contain the reults of the formulas.

"RagDyer" wrote:

How about posting examples of the formulas you're using to do the
summing,
AND the formulas existing in the cells you're trying to total.

Your formulas may be returning text numbers that are not recognized by
the
Sum() function (if that's what you're using).

RD

"jbishard" wrote in message
this should be an easy one: i am trying to get the sum of numbers in a
column. SOME of the cells in that column contain a formula. i want the
sum
of
the cells, but it seems that when it is totalling the columns it is
omiting
the cells that contain formulas. help..........thanks!